Saturday, December 11, 2004

Job Interview

"Goode Morgen"
"Sorry Meneer, I can only speak simple dutch, like that". "So, can we have the interview in English?"
Oh, sure, we can do that.
Then, Meneer, I will call you Sir.
Sir, I am Nancy, yes, I did advertise my name in that newspaper. I am a master degree student in University of Wallingenton.
Master student? what is that?
I will be DRS later, meneer, sir, or IR. But as it is conducted in English, I will get a degree called MSc, master of Science. Within few months, I will get it Sir.
I see
Sir, I can speak English, I can show you my TOEFL record. I bring it for me.
And sir, you can see in my CV that I have experienced in involving in managing socio-economic aspects of agricultures. I was active attending seminars both national (I mean Indonesian scaled) and international.
And I am pro active, discipline, and can learn faster.

Well, seems that your qualification is more than enough than I need. I actually need somebody to clean the house, saying while smiling....
No problem Sir... I just wanted to show you who I am: that I am only looking for experiences.
Ok. If that's what you want.
Thank you sir, when can I start working?


two hour later, in one different "interview room"

But sir, I just got one job. Can I over it to my friend? her name is Fatchy Yeerdmun. She is also experienced in doing this kind of job. Would you mind giving me some minutes to call her?
"Hey Fatchy, I will let you meet the meneer inside. Just relax, explain what you want, and remember: that you dont have to mention that you graduated from one of the top universities in Indonesia with some national and international experiences in seminars, etc. You dont have to mention also that you understand the whole system of a human and how it interacts with its surrounding. I mean you dont have to mention that you understand about human biology, ecosystems, etc!. OK?"
"OK Nancy, Do I look good for interview?"
Come on... go on.. you do...

Goode morgen meneer... I am Fatchy Yeerdmun.
bla bla bla bla bla bla

Then, Fatchy met Nancy outside the building. Thanks Nancy, I got the job, saying it while crying, finally. It was because of you...
No Fatchy, you deserve it. Don't cry...

Yes, but we must celebrate it. Tell Johnson, Tina, Herdeenne, Sergio, Quincy, and Michael that we will invite them for a shoarma.
But when? Michael is going to go back on sunday
What?
ok ok... then we will just give Michael Eur. 5. I think it will be fine for him. It is just the same...

But Nancy, you know what?
what?
I am only experiencing ironing, no other works than that.

"Wallingenton", somewhere in the Netherlands, 11 December 2004, 08:43 AM, some minutes before STUNED Day
For my friends who just got a job, Congratulation. You did a very good job interview, and I saw and heard it by myself, by ourselves I mean!..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fatchy:
buseet.. cant you be more obvious? [-(
hey... ironing is a good job, u know.. I can burn at least 300 kkal per hour ;;) ..
anyway.. the employer was so nice that she gave me a visit.. oh how lucky i am...
5 euro? ah, wouldnt michael get humiliated? director of a small enterprise in Enschilton town, so i've heard..

9:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home