Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Red eyes

I come to the cluster in which I work usually at 9 o'clock,
my three friends are there already, gazing at the screen while once in a while reading the book or note or sometimes calculating something.

I go for a coffee at the break time at 10.30, and my three friends are still there, gazing and thinking.

I go back to my desk with a cup of tea, my three friends are still there, gazing and thinking. Sometimes talk, ask questions I mean.
I turn the sound notification on of my messenger, and TRING, TOK TOK TOK...
my friends come to me and ask: "What are you doing?"
"I am chatting"
"What?"
"yes, I am discussing my thesis with my friend there"
"is your friend also doing modelling?"
"mmm... no, but I am helped by my friend"
(I get the spirit after chatting, you know)

I go for lunch at 12.30, and my friends are still there, gazing and thinking. This time, one of her/his friends comes and they discuss something. So thesis-thing, I am sure. I heard about matrix, degree of balance, reliability, vulnerability, lagoon. Oh no..

Then, I come back from lunch at 1.30, and my friends are still there.
I ask one friend of mine, "Didn't you take lunch"
"I came back 10 minutes ago", while drinking a cup of coffee, for digesting, she said"

I sit, and I open my computer. I see some offline messages in my messanger
"oh, it's you"
Then we chat, talking about your job, your plan for to night
and you tell me how much you love me
TRING.. and my friend comments: "What are you doing"
"I am chatting scientifically"
While chatting, I open my work, I work, I chat.
If I need to concentrate, I let myself offline, but mostly not. Why should I?

3.00, 15 minutes more is tea time. I cant work anymore, I gum myself. then I open friendster. I find my old friends there, then I reply the message.
3.15, coffee time, and I still see my friends there, gazing and writing. This time, they are altered a bit, talking to me, but mostly about academic thing.
then sometimes we go down for a coffee together, sometimes I go by myself and bring back myself with two glasses of tea.
They are still there.

Good thing is that around 6.00 PM, we usually eschange food and we drink together. But 15 minutes later, we all go back to our desk. From my station they can still hear TOK TOK TOK or TRIINNNGGGG from my headphone of which the volume I set maximum, so everybody can hear that.

"hey, what are you doing?

I am just silent, as I am gazing at my work. Do you think I am not working?

Then I work, while chat, while reply emails in my inbox.

At 9.30 PM, I look at my friends. They are still working. I look at the eyes. Oh my God, they are all red.

Then I go to the toilet (I frequently piss and I guess I am the most frequent user of the toilet), and I look at my eyes at the mirror. They are not red. Oh my God, am I not seriously working?

then I thought something wrong at me. I should make my eyes red!


For my clustermates. My name is Muhy, I am from indonesia and I am doing bla-bla-bla bla bla bla.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home