Friday, March 18, 2005

From B to B

Moving, either temporarily or permanently, is sometimes something good, sometimes something bad, and sometimes something in between. The last day when I finished all packing to move, I walked around Enschede and talked to myself: I am going to say goodbye to this place. Amidst the walk, I seemed to ask myself: Will I say goodbye to this place? Then, taking pictures might be the answer to that question.

When I locked the door of Beltstraat 1, I remembered the question that brought me to taking pictures of Enschede: "Will I say goodbye to this place?" "Yes,I will", that was the answer.

Locking the door marking the end of Beltstraat 1-12? It was not! I gazed at the window of the number 12 facing the street ,gazing and recalling all the laughters I made and shared there. The memories there will be cherishing. Friends were made there, stories were told there, ideas were outcropped there and thousands of words written there, electronically and paper-based!

Moving, indeed this time permanently, is something that sometimes makes someone have to erase the many things that in many times make many "ones" be together. And that hurts, if you want to be melancholic. However, I believe that there is no melancholic for such a memory.

Goodbye Beltstraat 1 and Welcome me in Bornsesteeg.


The Beltstraat 1 Posted by Hello

Leaving Beltstraat is permanently this time, but temporarily in Bornsesteeg, unless time can bring me back to the surrounding of Beltstraat 1 sometimes later. Nobody knows, like the Tony Rich Project says.

Bornsesteeg is a 19-story student house of Wageningen University. There, living many friendly people to whom I shall thank for the new sisterhood and brotherhood that amaze me. You guys are really 'guys'! Thank you the 'Borners' and the people not living in Born, but I call them as 'Borners'!


The Bornsesteg Posted by Hello

Thanks this best friend for making me in Bornsesteeg.

a brown corner in Bornsesteeg 10C-10, 6708 GA Wageningen
(Hey, I found a brown corner in this room, like in Beltstraat)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

muhy!!it's a 20-story building, mind you!

rgrds,
The borner, graduate2-b, 17c-05

4:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home